June 11, 2012

House Dreams

There I go again dreaming of a house. What is it with me and houses anyway?

This dream was quite different from my normal house dream about the same house over and over, year after year. I am not sure if it was the same house I always dream about, because it did seem different. My impression is that the room was a honey hued yellow and there was a bed in it with a cream colored bedspread. A window let in daylight. There were other people in the room with me, but I feel that my Dad was the person I was focused on, but somehow I felt that my husband Dan was there, too. In a way they kind of melded together. Out of the corner of my eye I had the creepy sensation that there was some kind of scary thing that I would get a glimpse of coming out of an electrical outlet. What appeared to be a tiny white bearded gnome with a red hat, slithered in and out of the outlet. It looked like the gnome that Travelosity uses in their commercials, but he was definitely not that happy go lucky fellow. This guy was scary. The Dad/Dan person in the room noticed that I saw this gnome and acknowledged that they had seen it, too, and that it was not just my imagination. He said that it had been larger and was shrinking in size. Somehow, I knew that this was a good sign.

As always I looked at the walls in the house dream. They were a slightly damaged, but I turned an ambiguous shoulder and walked away. It didn't seem to matter anymore.

I thought about that little gnome as I took my walk this evening. In my dream I remember that at first I looked away when I noticed the little creepy thing popping out of the wall. I did not want to acknowledge it and make it real. I forced myself to face the scary thing and accept that it was really there. I imagined the little gnome diminishing in size and finally being sucked into the outlet until he was no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment